- Books & More
- Ebooks & More
- My Library Account
- Get a Library Card
- Borrowing/My Account
- New Borrowing / My Account
- Job Center
- Computers and Internet
- Meeting Space / Reserve a Room
- Office Services
- Things You Didn't Know We Have
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- About Us
- Support Us
ADE: Should I activate Adobe Digital Editions anonymously or with an Adobe ID?
Activating Adobe Digital Editions using an Adobe ID allows you to do more with Adobe eBooks, such as downloading them on multiple computers and transferring them to supported portable devices. However, this is a matter of personal preference. Before deciding, please consider the following…
If you use anonymous activation, note these limitations…
- You will only be able to read a downloaded Adobe eBook on a single computer.
- You will not be able to download an Adobe eBook on more than one computer. After the initial download of an Adobe eBook, subsequent downloads of that title can only be completed on the same computer.
- You will not be able to transfer Adobe eBooks to supported eBook devices.
- You can decide to activate using an Adobe ID at any time. However, if you activate Adobe Digital Editions with an Adobe ID which has already been used to activate Adobe Digital Editions on another computer, the Adobe eBooks you originally downloaded when using anonymous activation will no longer work.
If you use an Adobe ID…
- You will be able to download an Adobe eBook on computers that have been activated with the same Adobe ID (up to 6 computers/devices can be activated using the same Adobe ID).
- After the initial download of an Adobe eBook, subsequent downloads of that title can be completed on computers activated with the same Adobe ID.
- You will be able to transfer Adobe eBooks to supported eBook devices activated with the same Adobe ID.