- Books & More
- Ebooks & More
- My Library Account
- Get a Library Card
- Borrowing/My Account
- New Borrowing / My Account
- Job Center
- Computers and Internet
- Meeting Space / Reserve a Room
- Office Services
- Things You Didn't Know We Have
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- About Us
- Support Us
10th annual Shoe Box Float Contest
Written by:GCLD Staff
10th Annual Shoe Box Float Contest
Grades K-5 will decorate the top of a box based upon a character, scene, or title (etc.) of a favorite book:
- Elementary-aged children, grades K-5th, are encouraged to participate.
- Floats must be on top of a covered shoe box or similar size box.
- Put the title and author of the book on the side of the covered box. Place your name, grade, and phone number on the bottom of your float.
- Submit an entry form and your float at the Grand County library branch of your choice, Granby, Hot Sulphur Springs, Kremmling, Fraser Valley, or the Juniper Library in Grand Lake by April 13, 2013.
All participants are invited to a Root Beer Float Party during National Library Week. Great books and fun prizes will be awarded! Please call (970) 406-0765 for more information.
West Grand (only), Book Jacket Contest 2013
Grades 6-12 will create a book jacket with 4 parts:
- The front cover: include title, author, and illustration
- The inside left flap: include a brief summary of the book
- The inside right flap: include a short biography of the author
- The back cover: include an illustration about the book.
Book Jacket Contest Entry Form (Kremmling Only)