- Books & More
- Ebooks & More
- About Us
- Support Us
Granby Community Meeting Room
GCLD Meeting Room and Study Room Policy
Meeting room and study room space is available to the community on an “equitable basis regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use” (Library Bill of Rights, Article 6).
Permission to use meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement by the library of the group’s policies or beliefs. The library reserves the right to cancel or refuse use at any time.
Guidelines for Use
- Meeting rooms (capacity) are free and available for reservations in the Fraser Valley Library (54), the Granby Library (60), the Kremmling Library (25) and (4), and the Juniper Library (4).
- Library sponsored events are given priority for use of the meeting rooms. Thereafter, rooms may be reserved on a first come, first served basis. The Library reserves the right, when necessary and with 24-hour notice, to cancel permission to use a meeting room in order to accommodate the Library’s primary purpose or the operational needs of the Library.
- Meeting rooms are available to non-profit, for profit, government, and personal use.
- The individual reserving the meeting room must have a GCLD Library card and be 18 years of age or older.
- Reservations are made online at the Library website, http://www.gcld.org at least 48-hours in advance. Reservations may be made up to 60 days in advance.
- For every reservation, a representative of the users of a meeting room must schedule an appointment with Library staff for a walk-through of the meeting room to take place within 24 hours before the meeting, and receive instructions on use of both the security system and the projection equipment.
- The meeting rooms are available between 7 am and 10 pm, seven days a week.
- If study rooms are available for reservations, they may only be reserved for use during open hours.
- Users of the meeting room may charge a fee ONLY if granted permission by the Branch Manager. All exchange of money must take place outside of Library property.
- Any publicity concerning a meeting or event must include contact information for the sponsoring organization. The Library will not serve as a contact point for non-Library events and Library contact information shall not be provided on promotional material for such meetings or events.
- Users of the meeting room are responsible for setting up and taking down all Library furniture that may be provided for use by the group using the meeting room.
- The Library will not provide storage for equipment or materials for groups using the meeting room.
- During open hours, and before leaving the Library, users must notify Library staff when the meeting is finished and the room returned to its original condition.
- A cleaning fee will be charged to the user’s representative if extra janitorial work is needed beyond regularly scheduled cleaning to return the room to its original condition.
- Groups may apply to the Library Board of Trustees for a variance from the Meeting Room and Study Room Policy. The Board, in its sole discretion, will consider the request for variance at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting.
Activities including but not limited to the following may result in termination of use of the meeting room or rooms:
- Illegal activities as defined by local, state and federal law are not allowed on Library property.
- Use of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, marijuana and/or illegal drugs is not permitted in or on Library property.
- Direct business transactions are not allowed on Library property.
- Groups using the meeting rooms must keep noise and behavior to an acceptable level for a Library environment and for the surrounding neighborhood.
- Children of those attending the meeting may not be left unattended on Library property.
- A responsible adult, over 18 years of age, must be present at all times during the use of the room.
- Failure to notify the Library of a cancellation, no later than 24 hours prior to scheduled use.
Read and Accept the GCLD Meeting Room and Study Room Policy