National Library Week - 2017 GCLD Shoe Box Book Float Contest
- Elementary-aged children, Kindergarten through 5th grades, are encouraged to participate.
- Let your imagination take you away. It's fun; be creative!
- Floats must be on top of a covered shoe box or any similar sized box.
- Put the name of the book and author's name on any side of your box. Do not put your name on the float! (Stickers will be provided for your name.)
- Enter your float at your local library branch by April 15th, 2017.
- Floats must be based on a book that you have read.
- One entry per person.
- Submit an entry form with your float, available at your local library branch.
- Be sure to complete the photo release form on the back of your entry form.
- All participants will be invited to a Float Party after judging. Check with your local library branch for dates and times.
- There will be great prizes for the winners in each of the following categories:
- Most Creative
- Best Use of Materials
- Best Interpretation
- Most Colorful
- People's Choice 2017
For further information and assistance, please contact your local library branch!