The Grand County Library District is actively monitoring new information regarding COVID-19. The following information details the steps our libraries are taking to protect the health and safety of our community and patrons. This page will be updated with new information and changes in district actions as the situation evolves.
Last updated May 24, 2021
Per Grand County Public Health recommendations, we ask our patrons to follow two out of the three protective factors for our community: wear a mask, social distance, or be outdoors.
Meeting rooms are currently open for patron reservation, use, and gallery space. Please check the Meeting Rooms page for information regarding reservation steps and requirements.
Make Use of the Library From Home
Many library resources are available through our website including eBooks, audio books, video streaming, research, classes, and activities. Go to the eBooks & Learning Tools page to access or find more.
To Obtain a Library Card
Need a new library card or your card has expired? Email email@example.com to register for a temporary card or reach out to your local library branch.
We are currently offering various programs online via WebEx, in person outside, and available for pick up (ex. Take and Make kits). Please check the Programs calendar for information and access. The calendar also includes information about programs from other Grand County organizations.
Drive Thru and Curbside Pickup
All GCLD library branches allow for the checkout of physical library materials either by drive thru service (Granby Library), or curbside pickup at other locations by request. Contact your library branch if you require this special service.
Browsing, Computer Use, and Office Services
GCLD offers browsing for materials, computer use, and office services such as printing, scanning and faxing. Computer use is offered on a limited basis in order to ensure social distancing and allow for additional cleaning and disinfecting. Wi-Fi is available outside of the building from 7 AM to 10 PM.
While GCLD is open to the public:
- Patrons must wear a mask in order to enter the library and must be worn during the entire duration of time they are in the building. Masks will be provided upon request.
- Study rooms are available on a limited basis in order to ensure social distancing and allow for additional cleaning and disinfecting.
The Friends of Grand County Library is currently accepting book donations at the SkyHi News office in Granby Wednesdays from 2 - 3 p.m. Call to schedule an appointment at 970-887-3334. Please be considerate and do not leave books outside of donation locations.
GCLD continues to monitor the situation to determine when there will be changes to library services. Please check back for updated information.
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for general information.
- Colorado Department of Public Health (COVID-19) for state information.
- Grand County COVID-19 Information Page and https://www.co.grand.co.us/220/Public-Health for local information
- Grand County Alert Center to receive local community notifications.