The Grand County Library District is actively monitoring new information regarding COVID-19. The following information details the steps our libraries are taking to protect the health and safety of our community and patrons. This page will be updated with new information and changes in district actions as the situation evolves.
Based on the statewide Stay at Home Order issued by Governor Polis and other considerations, all library branches are closed to the public and all in-person programs are cancelled until further notice.
Make Use of the Library From Home
Many library resources are available through our website including eBooks, audio books, video streaming, research, classes, and activities. Go to the eBooks & Learning Tools page to access or find more. If someone needs a new library card or their card has expired, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a temporary card.
We are currently offering Digital Storytime online via Zoom. Please check the Programs calendar for information and access. The calendar also includes information about programs from other Grand County organizations.
Ask a Librarian
Our librarians are still taking phone calls, answering questions, and responding to voicemails. You can even call just to say hello. Ask a Librarian is available during the following times:
- Fraser Valley Library (970-726-5689), Tuesday – Saturday, noon-2 p.m.
- Granby Library (970-887-2149), Monday – Saturday, 2-4 p.m.
- Hot Sulphur Springs Library (please call the Kremmling Library at 970-724-9228)
- Juniper Library (970-627-8353), Wednesday – Saturday, 10 a.m.-noon
- Kremmling Library (970-724-9228), Monday and Tuesday, 10 a.m.-noon, Monday – Thursday, 4-6 p.m.
While GCLD is closed to the public:
- Due dates will be extended
- Fees on checked out materials will be waived
- Items on hold will be available for pickup once branches reopen
- All study room and community room reservations are cancelled
- All library programs and events are cancelled
- We ask that patrons keep any materials they currently have until further direction is provided; please do not return them in library book drops
The Friends of Grand County Libraries is currently suspending acceptance of any book donations in consideration of the health and safety of their volunteers and the community. Please be considerate and do not leave books outside of donation locations.
GCLD will continue to monitor the situation to determine when the libraries can reopen and programming and events can resume. Please check back for updated information.