Ready for school success with a library card
Back-to-schoolers love picking out school supplies and the most essential school supply just might be a library card! Did you know that with your GCLD library card you have access to books, DVDs and all kinds of homework help and resources?
How do I get a Grand County Library Card for my family and my child?
Library cards are free to Grand County property owners, residents and Colorado Library Card holders. Find out more.
Explore the GCLD Databases
Access to GCLD databases: videos, magazines, books and educational opportunities or can be accessed at home, on the move, or on vacation at any time of the day.
- ebooks and e audiobooks can be downloaded or streamed online through OverDrive. There are thousands of bestsellers, nonfiction titles and collections for teens and children. All free and available instantly. The Libby app makes it easier than ever to download titles to your device. Consider downloading an audiobook to help your child with comprehension and reading fluency.
- The Kanopy database provides a wide variety of films, documentaries by award winning film makers and many BBC specials and indie hits. These are all free for download and instant watching on your computer, television or mobile device.
- RBdgital Magazines is a huge newsstand of popular titles, including magazines for children and teens. Seventeen Teen Vogue American Girl and High Five An added plus is that online magazines have no checkout period and no limits.
- Mango Languages makes acquiring a new language fun and easy. Mango online walks you through all the learning stages of a wide variety of popular languages including Spanish, French, German and English as a second language.
- Online Britannica (the Public Library Edition) provides easily accessible, extensive and trustworthy information all ages —from elementary students to college students, from business professionals to curious seniors.
Don’t Forget the Books
Your new library card will give you access to the books, DVDs and magazines in Grand County as well as the collections in libraries throughout Colorado. If you can’t find what you want on our shelves, ask a Librarian to show you how to place a hold. Your item will arrive within days for you to pick up.
Please Be Aware
Grand County Libraries do not monitor or control the information accessed on the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content or the accuracy of that content. As with other library materials, restrictions on a child’s access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian. The library encourages you to search the Internet with your child.