Grand County Library District has many online vetted news resources, including:
• American Antiquarian Society (AAS): Historical Periodicals Collection, documenting the life of America's people from the Colonial Era through the Civil War and Reconstruction.
• America's News by NewsBank: Local to international topics, includes lesson plans.
• Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection: More than 1.97 million digitized pages, 490 newspapers published in Colorado from 1859 to 2020.
• Denver Post Collection by NewsBank: Search 40 years of CO history as well as current issues with full-color newspaper pages.
• The New York Times: Find breaking news, multimedia, reviews & opinions, business, sports, movies, travel, books, jobs, education and more.
• The Wall Street Journal: News and information through the lens of business, finance, economics and money, global forces that shape the world and are key to understanding it.
According to The Stamford Advocate, in an April 14, 2019 article on page 56, found using online resource America’s News by NewsBank, there are “Seven ways newspapers benefit students:
1. Newspapers build vocabulary.
2. Newspapers improve reading skills.
3. Newspapers promote critical thinking.
4. Newspapers bring ideas and current events to life.
5. Newspapers build global awareness.
6. Newspapers promote social consciousness.
7. Newspapers make learning fun.”
Whether you want to have a student research a historic topic or you are looking for a recap of a football game or want to read book or movie reviews or are interested in world events, GCLD has an online resource for you.