Visual Access Workstation Equipment
Magnisight Explorer - Video Magnifier (at Fraser Valley Library)
- Video magnifier designed for use by individuals with low vision. Provides magnification of print, preset color combinations for both text and background choices, and high-contrast positive or negative viewing modes. Great tool for reading small print prescription bottles, newspapers, and many other media.
Windows 10 Accessibility Features on Public Computers (at all GCLD libraries)
- Narrator reads text as you type.
- Magnifier not only allows user to change zoom level but also invert colors in magnified areas (whole screen or mouse only)
- High Contrast allows for the overall color scheme to change.
- Closed Captions provides subtitles to videos as well as ability to alter the colors and backgrounds of any closed-captioned text.
- Speech listens to spoken words and translates them into on-screen actions as well as allow speech to dictate text.
- Keyboard offers a variety of customization options to allow for an on-screen keyboard, sticky keys, filter keys, and toggle keys.
- Color Filters can alter a screen's color palette for light sensitivity or colorblindness.
- Mouse takes control of the mouse to the numeric keypad.
- Cursor & Pointer resizes and/or alters color to improve viewing
Physical Access Workstation Equipment
Physical Access Workstation Equipment (at all GCLD libraries)
- Adaptive hardware is available including tracking ball mice, large print keyboards, and headphones/microphones.
Accommodations Available in Our Collections (library card required for checkout)
Read Along Books with Headsets and Book/Audiobook Match (all GCLD libraries)
- Read Along Books have an attached digital listening device on the inside of the front cover. Check the Juvenile and Young Adult collections for matchup of Book/Audiobook stickers. Empower children and teens with language-based learning differences the opportunity to read and listen to popular titles simultaneously.
OverDrive/Libby eBooks and Audio Books (all GCLD libraries)
- Enable dyslexic font on the Overdrive website or in the app
- Enable the high contrast option on the OverDrive website
- Change an eBook's font size in the OverDrive app
- Use keyboard shortcuts in OverDrive with Windows or a Mac
- Use the tab key to navigate the Overdrive website
- Download audiobooks in the MP3 format for the best experience for users who are visually impaired
Kanopy Streaming Video (all GCLD libraries)
- Enable closed captions, subtitles, and transcripts
- Request closed captions for titles that do not have them
- Use Kanopy’s website and video player with screen reader technologies on desktop browsers, and iOS and Android devices
- Use the tab key to navigate the Kanopy website
Sensory Kits (all GCLD libraries)
- Tools and toys that help calm or stimulate your child’s nervous system
Reminiscence Kits (all GCLD libraries)
- Photos and activity cards, DVDs, and other tangible tools to promote reminiscence for individuals with memory loss including Alzheimer’s or dementia
Other GCLD Special Services
Curbside of Drive-thru (all GCLD libraries)
- GCLD offers curbside service (Fraser Valley, Juniper, Hot Sulphur Springs, Kremmling) or Drive Thru (Granby) service for reserved materials during regular library hours. When you receive notice that your materials are ready and you have arrived at the library, please give us a call. Phone numbers are available here
Service Animals (all GCLD Libraries)
- GCLD welcomes service animals to all our facilities
Colorado Talking Book Library (CTBL)
- For people who can’t read standard print, CTBL provides audio, Braille, large print books, and equipment keeping people connected to reading, stories, and adventure. GCLD staff are able to help patrons access the CTBL application and materials can either be sent directly to patron’s home or through the library. Medical or educational provider must certify CTBL eligibility application for service.
Additional Community Services
Sign Language Interpreter
- To request a sign language interpreter, complete a short request form through Rural Auxiliary Services. A minimum of 72 business hours advance notice is required
- Grand Seniors, under the Mountain Family Center umbrella, provides transportation for those aged 60+ or those with a disability. Recommended donation accepted. Call Grand Seniors at 970-557-3186 Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. for assistance
Additional community resources including contact information for Northwest Colorado Center for Independence can be found through Grand County Rural Health Network by clicking here