Borrowing & Fees
Checkout Periods & Limits
- Books, audiobooks, portable DVD players, Power Check meters, and musical instruments check out for three weeks.
- DVDs and magazines check out for one week.
- Interlibrary Loan items generally check out for four weeks, though loan periods are determined by the lending library.
- Holds may be placed on all items, with the exception of non-circulating items such as the Reference collection and restrictions placed by other libraries.
- All items may be renewed twice EXCEPT for:
- New items
- Items on hold for another patron
- Items can be returned to any library location. If items are returned after-hours or during a holiday, they will be back-dated to the last time the library was open.
- All library locations have an after-hours book drop.
Fines & Fees
- First library card: Free
- Replacement library card: $2.00
- Late fees are $0.25 per item, per day overdue.
- The maximum amount charged for an overdue item is $10.00. Once your fines exceed $5.00, you will be blocked from checking out materials.
- Materials borrowed from other libraries are subject to the rules and regulations of the loaning library.
- Lost materials are charged at the actual price as entered into the database at the time the material was processed, as well as a $5.00 fee to cover processing costs from our vendor. Replacement items will not be accepted for lost items.
- You may pay outstanding fines with cash, credit, debit card, or check at any GCLD library location. Card payments are limited to fees greater than $5.00.