10/14/2020 - In an effort to help decrease current spread of COVID-19 in Grand County, Granby Community Meeting Room and Fraser Valley Urban Community Meeting Room are currently unavailable for group use. All programming is occurring outside and digitally.
Please see the Grand County Public Health guidelines for community gatherings.
GCLD Meeting Room and Study Room Policy
Meeting room and study room space is available to the community on an “equitable basis regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use” (Library Bill of Rights, Article 6).
Permission to use meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement by the library of the group’s policies or beliefs. The library reserves the right to cancel or refuse use at any time.
Guidelines for Use - Please Read Thoroughly!
- Meeting rooms (capacity) are available for reservations in the Fraser Valley Library (54), the Granby Library (60), the Kremmling Library (25) and (4), and the Juniper Library (4).
- PLEASE NOTE- During the COVID-19 pandemic, capacity for all rooms is limited (subject to change) as follows: Fraser Valley Library (12), the Granby Library (14), the Kremmling Library (5) and (1), and the Juniper Library (1).
- For every reservation, a representative of the users of a meeting room must schedule and attend a walk through with Library staff during regularly scheduled Library hours regarding access to the meeting room, security system, projection equipment, furniture, and cleaning requirements. Contact the library to set up an appointment. Failure to do so could mean cancellation of your reservation.
- Fees may be assessed for the use of meeting rooms for damaged or missing equipment.
- Library sponsored events are given priority for use of the meeting rooms. Thereafter, rooms may be reserved on a first come, first served basis. The Library reserves the right, when necessary and with 24-hour notice, to cancel permission to use a meeting room in order to accommodate the Library’s primary purpose or the operational needs of the Library.
- The individual reserving the meeting room must have a current GCLD Library card, an email account, and be 18 years of age or older.
- Masks on every individual 3 and up
- Social Distancing 6 feet distance between units Health screen/contact tracing for individuals in room
- Regular room responsibilities including vacuuming and return of furniture to designated location.
- Reservations are made online at the Library website, www.gcld.org. Reservations may be made up to 60 days in advance.
The meeting rooms are available between 7 am and 10 pm, when libraries are open seven days a week. REMEMBER, the library is not always open during those hours. You must schedule and attend a walk through in order to access the meeting room space.
COVID-19: Meeting rooms are available during libraries hours only (please see Hours and Locations page for open hours).
- If study rooms are available for reservations, they may only be reserved for use during open hours.
- Users of the meeting room may charge a fee ONLY if granted permission by the Branch Manager. All exchange of money must take place outside of Library property.
- Any publicity concerning a meeting or event must include contact information for the sponsoring organization. The Library will not serve as a contact point for non-Library events and Library contact information shall not be provided on promotional material for such meetings or events.
- Users of the meeting room are responsible for setting up and taking down all Library furniture that may be provided for use by the group using the meeting room.
- The Library will not provide storage for equipment or materials for groups using the meeting room.
- During open hours, and before leaving the Library, users must notify Library staff when the meeting is finished and the room returned to its original condition.
- A cleaning fee will be charged to the user’s representative if extra janitorial work is needed beyond regularly scheduled cleaning to return the room to its original condition.
- Groups may apply to the Library Board of Trustees for a variance from the Meeting Room and Study Room Policy. The Board, in its sole discretion, will consider the request for variance at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting.
Activities including but not limited to the following may result in termination of use of the meeting room or rooms:
- Illegal activities as defined by local, state, and federal law are not allowed on Library property.
- Use of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, marijuana, and/or illegal drugs is not permitted in or on Library property.
- Direct business transactions are not allowed on Library property.
- Groups using the meeting rooms must keep noise and behavior to an acceptable level for a Library environment and for the surrounding neighborhood.
- Children of those attending the meeting may not be left unattended on Library property.
- A responsible adult, over 18 years of age, must be present at all times during the use of the room.
- Failure to notify the Library of a cancellation, no later than 24 hours prior to scheduled use.
- Failure to schedule and attend a walk through with Library staff during regularly scheduled Library hours.
(Disabled until 09/17/2020)